Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Late 2010 Review

So I have been a bad blogger and missed a lot of wonderful experiences from 2010! I found a couple highlights after I finally downloaded all the pictures on my camera so you get a late brief review of 2010.

June 2010 I was given an official commissioning ceremony ( I was technically commissioned in October 2009) at a Dodgers baseball game. I'm stuck in the back (curse my height). 2LT baby.
In October 2010 Michael and I got to experience out wedding gift from my sweet Grandma Jacque. She took up to Sharon Vermont, the birthplace of Joseph Smith, for conference weekend. The state is so picturesque. It was beautiful driving all around the two lane highways and seeing the rolling hills and trees.

With only about half a million people in the state the only thing there other than beautiful scenery and Mormon historical sites is the Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory! So fun to visit. Such a funny history-just two guys lookin' for something to do and it took off like wildfire. You can see how much we loved it ha ha.

When we weren't watching conference we were driving and enjoying the leaves. Grandma fondly referred to our little group as "leaf peepers." ha ha. I loved this cute little post office in Sharon. 

Our first months of marriage in 2010 Michael and I had a little laugh at life experiences. We ended up decorating our dryer with a blue pen. Life Lesson: I have learned to always double check my scrubs for pens and Michael learned to re-check my scrubs before doing laundry.

We loved taking turns getting in there with comet cleaning it off (can't you tell?). No pens marks on our dryer since.


We finished off the year with a trip to Maui, Hawaii (wedding gift from Aunt Jylle and Michael's parents) we are pretty spoiled.

View from out hotel room.

Downtown Lahani

Michael playing with Ainsley and Bo Barker!

Testing my photography skills ha ha.

Instead of a rental car we got these sweet rides. Gas milage was great ha ha.

On our scooter ride around the island. 



Suba/snorkeling with the Barkers.

Fun burger resturant downtown.

This is how we tipped our waiter (don't worry the rest was included on the card) We are pretty creative. 

Scooter ride around the island. We bought a pineapple on the side of the road!

Maui is beautiful!

Playing some bocce ball. Michael won a pizza.

A beautiful Banyan tree in downtown Lahani. All those light are being held up by ONE tree. It was beautiful.
Late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Alright now onto 2011...


No comments:

Post a Comment